Cancer Is 90 Percent Avoidable
Cancer is Catastrophic. Period.
As a current health and wellness coach and former oncology sales specialist for a major fortune 50 company, over the years I have learned a great deal about cancer, cancer treatment, and also the major cause of cancer.
What was surprising to me and I think that you will will be surprised as well, was the fact that 90% of all cancers on average are caused by external environment. (American Cancer Society.)
What does this mean?
It means that only about 10% of cancer cases are linked directly to genetics. These types of cancer are the hereditary type.
Wow! That is astonishing news.
What would be even more amazing is if we all took action on this fact and did something about it.
What can we all do?
For starters, when we raise our children from a young age, we need to make them very aware of the facts of cancer. This will empower them to treat their bodies in the best possible way for the best possible outcome in the prevention of cancer later in life.
As for you and me it’s still not too late. There are many things that we can do to live a healthier lifestyle and still decrease our chances of getting this catastrophic disease.
Cancer: How To Decrease Your
Chances Of Getting It
- Do Not Smoke. Period. And when you are around other people do your best to try not to breath in the second hand smoke. I can detect cigarette smoke from about a block away. Yuck! Avoid cancer by not smoking and avoid inhaling second hand smoke.
- Do not drink. Drinking although wine may have it’s health benefits, can cause liver damage. Did you know that drinking one beer is equivalent to eating eight slices of bread. Woe! That’s a lot of carbs beer belly! Avoid cancer of the liver by not consuming too much alcohol.
- Avoid Sun Exposure. The sun’s radiation not only is damaging to our skin, but the majority of melanomas and other types of skin cancer comes late in life. Not only will your skin look and feel old, but your risks of skin cancer or much greater when you have had a high exposure to UVA and UVB from the sun. Wear sunblock, wear protective clothing such as hats, scarfs, and sunglasses. Avoid those cancer causing UV rays!
- Avoid household chemicals. It is amazing that their are so many toxins in and around the home. And by no means should you ever freeze anything in plastic or microwave in plastic. This releases chemicals into the food that you are going to ingest! Avoid cancer causing household chemicals.
- Avoid Pesticides. Avoid cancer causing pesticides.There are numerous ways to get rid of bugs the safe way. It’s always best to eliminate in the yard which will prevent them from coming in the home. If you have to, just spray thr outside of the home, but never inside.
- Avoid Industrial Chemicals. Avoid cancer causing toxins. Did you know that you are exposed to industrial strength chemicals at least once per week? When you put gas in your car, you are at risk of consuming a toxin that gets into your lungs and easily seeps into the skin. Fortunately, our body’s immune system can fight off the carcinogens most of the time. But if it happens often enough, cancer cells can began to spread. Try your best to minimize exposure by wearing gloves, protective clothing, and a respirator anytime you are around these substances.
- Eat Organic. It may be more costly, but these days you can never be too careful. Pesticides run rampant in some countries. It’s always best to eat organic, but if you cannot, then try to selective your food choices and beware of the country of it’s origin. Do they have tight regulations on pesticides? Avoiding pesticides by eating organic helps cut down on your cancer risks.
- Avoid GMO’s. GMO or Genetically Modified Organism, has been restructured and altered the DNA of the food. It started in the seed and has helped the farmer to have a more robust crop. Corn and many other foods are genetically modified. Look for the label of disclaimer. GMO’s can cause many illnesses in my opinion that many will deny. Avoiding GMO’s can help prevent illnesses that can lead to cancer.
- Get Plenty Of Exercise. Science has proven that increased exercise helps prevent heart disease and that it also improves the immune system. Forget the diets that never work. Nine out of ten people will end up right back where they started. Remember that your overall health and wellness depends on a lifestyle change. If you can’t do it, get a health and wellness life coach. They are specifically trained to help you overcome the triggers to eating unhealthy and binging. This helps prevent cancer too.
- Get Plenty of Rest. Helps Prevent Cancer. Forget what most say about the number of hours of recommended sleep needed per night. Get to know your own body. I agree that everyone should get at least 6 hours of sleep per night. Some may need more. Everyone is different. The main thing here is not to get so sleep deprived that you compromise on your health. That’s when you immune system is affected. Lack of sleep over a prolonged period of time weakens the immune function and your body systems from digestive to circulatory do not operate properly.
Although there is no guarantee, it is best to maximize your chances of contracting cancer by living by these guidelines.
Remember that early detection of cancer is a critical key in cancer survival. So be sure to get your check ups and cancer screening required at the recommended time.